- Reports to: Program Coordinator
- Shifts: iCan Dream Center Transition Program hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 8:45 am-3:30 pm. The TA’s hours depend on program calendar and varies with school holidays.
- Flexibility to attend weekday, weekend and/or evening special events as designated.
- 2 days per week the schedule is 9-6 pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist classroom teacher in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialized tasks to achieve and enhance instructional and behavioral objectives.
- Work with individuals, small groups, or large groups as assigned teacher.
- Assist with behavior modification as assigned by teacher.
- Transport students as assigned by teacher or administrator.
- Monitor students during assigned periods within a variety of school (and work) environments for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment
- Provide programmed practice activities and repetitions as developed by teacher or social worker.
- Report student concerns directly and expeditiously to teacher and assist with student resolution.
- Plan career and motivational speakers, research college/career fairs, and other opportunities to enhance student’s vocational and social acuity.
- Assist in locating community-based work opportunities for students.
- Assist with breakfast, lunch, snack, including clean-up.
- Maintain various records and files.
- Must pass appropriate criminal background check and comply with Illinois Mandated Reporting laws.
- ISBE Paraprofessional AND Substitute Certification; degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology or related field preferred.
- Eligibility to secure a credential as a Registered Behavior Technician (on-site training provided)
- A genuine love of youth with special needs and a belief in their potential is required.
- Ideal candidate is a creative, energetic, self-starter who works independently, can lead programs and create new avenues of fun and inspiration for our youth. Candidates must be able to manage their tasks, handle a variety of responsibilities and work self-sufficiently.
Candidate MUST be able to work independently and reliably within the designated schedule.
Please send resume to email@example.com